If your home is on a GTC utility network, you can rest assured that you are in good hands. We have been running gas and electricity networks since 1995 and are one of the UK’s largest independent providers.
We deliver a trustworthy service, with a strong customer-focus. GTC owns and runs utility infrastructures across England, Scotland and Wales. We make sure the network is well-maintained, safe, and reliable. If you have any questions, comments or would like to find out more about GTC, please contact our Customer Services Team on 01359 302255 or [email protected].
If you do happen to experience a gas or electricity incident in your area, please click here for the latest live information on all planned outages and unplanned incidents.
Smell gas, or believe a gas pipe has been damaged? Please call the freephone National Gas Emergency Number: 0800 111999.
Your safety is our utmost priority so please follow the below advice:
- Turn off the gas supply at the meter using the emergency control valve
- Open doors and windows to ventilate the property
- Put out naked flames and don’t smoke
- Don’t turn off or on any power or light switches
- Don’t use any door entry phones or other electrical entry/security devices
- Don’t enter the cellar if the smell of gas is in there, instead please wait outside or with a neighbour
Once reported, our emergency service provider will be with you in 1 to 2 hours. Please remain available until they arrive.
If you have a power cut, first check whether your neighbours have also lost their supply.
If your neighbours DO NOT have power:
- Call us on the above number or call 105.
If your neighbours DO have power:
- Check your trip switch. If the trip switch is still on, call the emergency number. If the trip switch is off, switch it back on
- If it switches back off, one of your appliances may be faulty so unplug all appliances and then reset the trip switch
- If only part of your supply has failed, and the trip will not reset, there may be a fault with your internal wiring. Please contact a registered electrician
- Check your electricity meter. Is the dial/display working? If not, call us